Woman and Menopause: Symptoms and Treatment
Menopause is the stage in a woman’s life when the menstrual cycle stops. This is not a disease; rather it is a natural process in a woman’s life. However, the stage when a woman has her menopause could be a very painful and mentally debilitating stage. There could be several complications.
From an Ayurvedic point of view, menses is the flow of excess pitta from the woman’s body. Menses is called as Raja in Ayurveda. For this reason, the stoppage of the menses flow permanently, i.e. menopause is called as Raja Nivrutti, which literally means retirement of menses.
Menopause is a culmination of all the three doshas of the woman’s body. The menses themselves are pitta, while the woman may gain in her weight during this time. This indicates a kapha imbalance. Since the woman may become moody and even lose her sleep during menopause, there is a strong indication of the vata dosha at play also.
Menopause can occur in women after the age of 45 years, though this widely varies from one woman to another. The average menopausal age could be taken as 51 years. It must be made clear that menopause is not an abrupt end to the menses. The decline of the menstrual flow occurs gradually as the months progress. Generally, a woman is said to have had her menopause if there has been no menstrual flow for at least one year.
(1) Useful Herbs in the Treatment of Menopause
1. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
Ashwagandha is more popularly known as Indian Ginseng for its believed aphrodisiacal properties. In the case of menopause, this herb is usually prescribed to cure insomnia and mood swings.
2. Beetroot (Beta vulgaris)
Beetroot is found to be extremely effective in making the menopausal experience less painful. It should be taken as a salad, in which the beetroots are boiled with their peel on. The peel must be removed before eating.
Determing the best The menopause Comfort
It is more rapidly to get Woman and Menopause: Symptoms and Treatment the menopause relief nowadays than any other time. Retailer shelving as well as Websites give a a lot of goods offering the change of life comfort for the change of life weary. Before purchasing and/or taking any kind of medicine, Woman and Menopause: Symptoms and Treatment whether or not otc or even recommended, it's a wise decision more resources for your skill and remain knowledgeable upon what is obtainable.
To be able to begin in research regarding the menopause reduction treatments, it's wise to make a variety of your current change of life symptoms. Site map for Woman and Menopause: Symptoms and Treatment Once you've produced the checklist, price every single sign for that intensity combined with affect it is putting on the day-to-day living. Various prescription drugs and different levels will produce different menopause comfort Cassie Vault and are generally used by distinct the menopause issues. It's not going to can you high quality to check out an all-natural menopause technique for menopause onset flashes in the event it isn't specifically for hot flashes. A few girls prevent receiving the signs and symptoms of change of life relief they desire since they will be simply while using the completely wrong medication to help remedy situations as a result of change of life. The next explanation a lot of women don't always be enough menopause relief is simply because by themselves health care providers and also doctors usually are not because informed in change of life therapies whenever they may be. Consequently getting into your doctor's office utilizing a list of signs and symptoms and even perhaps the change of life property test results generally is a huge assist in permitting your doctor truly know which kind of treatment method you actually need. If you think your current medical professional isn't that experienced in relation to change of life and also control over change of life relief, perform due diligence for example that's. Indeed, it really is flawlessly ok to vary medical professionals and see someone that's the two up to date for the most recent remedies along with one that can handle the full you rather than just a symptom as well as analyze outcome.
Remember you will find a good deal you can perform by yourself to acquire the change of life relief. Workout, diet, strain supervision, and also enough sleep are typical problems that provide quite a lot of the menopause reduction. There's also numerous books about the change of life which could provide marketing strategies and techniques for relieving change of life signs and symptoms. Online discussion boards as well as message boards are an easy way to locate assist that could supply you with essential the menopause reduction. It doesn't matter what, never give up. Menopause alleviation is quite probable in case you merely maintain research in the treatments or perhaps treatment options which is often successful for you.
3. Indian Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi)
Known popularly as the jatamansi in India, this is another herb prescribed to cure insomnia and mood swings. For such benefits, this herb is prescribed to be taken along with ashwagandha.
(2) Dietary Treatments for Menopause
The complications during menopause can be reduced by bringing about changes in the dietary patterns. There are some very beneficial points that can be followed:-
4. Bitter foods are good dietary indications. The dark green leafy vegetables are mostly bitter in taste. They must be regularly incorporated in the diet as a woman is moving towards her menopause.
5. Astringent foods are also advantageous. These foods include beans, soybeans, potatoes, cabbages and poultry foods. Both the bitter and the astringent foods help in reducing the excess heat in the woman’s body that is produced during menopause.
6. Foods that are sour, salty and pungent are contra-indications for menopause. Onions, garlic, mustard and chilies are pungent foods. Tomatoes, tamarinds, vinegars and curds are sour foods. These must be avoided.
7. Consume foods that can provide some phyto-estrogens. Such foods are watermelon, berries, legumes, licorice and pomegranates.
During menopause, the need of the following nutrients increases:-
a) Vitamin D – obtained from egg yolk, milk and animal liver
b) Vitamin K – obtained from green vegetables, cereals and animal foods
c) Magnesium – obtained from nuts, bananas and dairy products
d) Manganese – obtained from cereal, bran, nuts and tea
e) Calcium – obtained from milk and milk products.
(3) Ayurvedic Treatments for Menopause
Chandraprabha is the tablet of choice that most physicians would provide for menopausal problems. This tablet helps in reducing the vata vitiation which is one of the foremost causes of menopausal problems. Along with this, Punarnavasava or Lodhrasava must be taken thrice in 15 milliliters doses for a month. In order to increase the strength of the body, Dashamoolarishta and Pradari Lauha are prescribed.
If there are hot flushes during menopause (which increase body temperature and then cause sudden chills), then Ashokarishta is given along with Useerasava.
For any irritations or infections that may occur in the vagina during menopause, Gokshuradi Guggulu is prescribed to be taken in doses of two pills twice a day.
Massaging the back with Chandanaadi taila helps to allay insomnia and mood swings which can occur due to vata vitiations during menopause.
(4) Home Remedies for Menopause
1. Licorice must be consumed in fair amounts during menopause. It has the phyto-estrogens that are necessary to correct the hormonal imbalances during menopause.
2. Have beetroot juice daily or include it in salads.
3. Another recipe is to boil a few carrot seeds in a glassful of milk. Consume this milk with carrot seeds in it on a daily basis.
4. During menopause, there is a chance of osteoporosis setting in due to loss of calcium. Hence take adequate care of your calcium intake. The foods mentioned above must be had in the proper amount to maintain calcium levels.
5. Maintain a healthy active regime. Sluggishness and a sedentary life will make the menopausal process quite difficult.