Woman and Menopause: Symptoms and Treatment
Menopause is the stage in a woman’s life when the menstrual cycle stops. This is not a disease; rather it is a natural process in a woman’s life. However, the stage when a woman has her menopause could be a very painful and mentally debilitating stage. There could be several complications.
From an Ayurvedic point of view, menses is the flow of excess pitta from the woman’s body. Menses is called as Raja in Ayurveda. For this reason, the stoppage of the menses flow permanently, i.e. menopause is called as Raja Nivrutti, which literally means retirement of menses.
Menopause is a culmination of all the three doshas of the woman’s body. The menses themselves are pitta, while the woman may gain in her weight during this time. This indicates a kapha imbalance. Since the woman may become moody and even lose her sleep during menopause, there is a strong indication of the vata dosha at play also.
Menopause can occur in women after the age of 45 years, though this widely varies from one woman to another. The average menopausal age could be taken as 51 years. It must be made clear that menopause is not an abrupt end to the menses. The decline of the menstrual flow occurs gradually as the months progress. Generally, a woman is said to have had her menopause if there has been no menstrual flow for at least one year.
(1) Useful Herbs in the Treatment of Menopause
1. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
Ashwagandha is more popularly known as Indian Ginseng for its believed aphrodisiacal properties. In the case of menopause, this herb is usually prescribed to cure insomnia and mood swings.
2. Beetroot (Beta vulgaris)
Beetroot is found to be extremely effective in making the menopausal experience less painful. It should be taken as a salad, in which the beetroots are boiled with their peel on. The peel must be removed before eating.
3. Indian Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi)
Known popularly as the jatamansi in India, this is another herb prescribed to cure insomnia and mood swings. For such benefits, this herb is prescribed to be taken along with ashwagandha.
(2) Dietary Treatments for Menopause
The complications during menopause can be reduced by bringing about changes in the dietary patterns. There are some very beneficial points that can be followed:-
4. Bitter foods are good dietary indications. The dark green leafy vegetables are mostly bitter in taste. They must be regularly incorporated in the diet as a woman is moving towards her menopause.
5. Astringent foods are also advantageous. These foods include beans, soybeans, potatoes, cabbages and poultry foods. Both the bitter and the astringent foods help in reducing the excess heat in the woman’s body that is produced during menopause.
6. Foods that are sour, salty and pungent are contra-indications for menopause. Onions, garlic, mustard and chilies are pungent foods. Tomatoes, tamarinds, vinegars and curds are sour foods. These must be avoided.
7. Consume foods that can provide some phyto-estrogens. Such foods are watermelon, berries, legumes, licorice and pomegranates.
During menopause, the need of the following nutrients increases:-
a) Vitamin D – obtained from egg yolk, milk and animal liver
b) Vitamin K – obtained from green vegetables, cereals and animal foods
c) Magnesium – obtained from nuts, bananas and dairy products
d) Manganese – obtained from cereal, bran, nuts and tea
e) Calcium – obtained from milk and milk products.
(3) Ayurvedic Treatments for Menopause
Finding The Right Change of life Relief
It's quicker to obtain Woman and Menopause: Symptoms and Treatment change of life reduction today than any other time. Keep shelving and Internet sites give you a many merchandise guaranteeing menopause relief for that change of life tired. Prior to you buying and/or using any kind of medicine, Woman and Menopause: Symptoms and Treatment whether over-the-counter as well as given, it's a wise idea more resources for your skill and turn into informed upon what's offered.
So that you can come from research of menopause reduction remedies, it's a good idea to generate a amount of your own change of life signs or symptoms. Site map for Woman and Menopause: Symptoms and Treatment After you have manufactured your current listing, fee every symptom to the severity combined with the affect it really is putting on your day-to-day dwelling. Distinct medicines and various doses may produce numerous menopause reduction Cassie Vault and are generally used for specific menopause issues. You won't would you good quality to look at an all-natural the menopause technique for menopause onset flashes when it just isn't specifically for menopausal flashes. A number of ladies prevent obtaining the signs of change of life alleviation they really want being that they are merely with all the incorrect medicine to deal with instances due to menopause. An added explanation lots of women do not become adequate the menopause reduction is that by themselves care providers and also medical professionals are not since advised about change of life treatments after they may be. Thus going into your current physician's place of work using a list of symptoms and maybe even the change of life home check outcomes generally is a huge help in permitting a medical doctor fully realize what type of treatment you really want. If you believe your own physician is certainly not experienced in relation to the menopause along with control of the menopause relief, perform due diligence for just one which can be. Of course, it really is correctly ok to vary physicians and see an individual that is each current for your latest remedies along with the one that will take care of the complete you rather than merely a symptom as well as test consequence.
Remember you will find there's good deal you can use by yourself to get change of life reduction. Workout, diet plan, strain management, as well as sufficient slumber are common problems that supply you with quite a lot of the menopause reduction. There are also many publications about menopause that may supply you with tips and techniques pertaining to alleviating the change of life signs or symptoms. On the internet community forums along with forums are a fun way to discover assistance which could give you essential menopause comfort. No matter what, never give up. Change of life alleviation is very possible in the event you merely keep in research from the remedy or treatment options that may be effective for you.
Chandraprabha is the tablet of choice that most physicians would provide for menopausal problems. This tablet helps in reducing the vata vitiation which is one of the foremost causes of menopausal problems. Along with this, Punarnavasava or Lodhrasava must be taken thrice in 15 milliliters doses for a month. In order to increase the strength of the body, Dashamoolarishta and Pradari Lauha are prescribed.
If there are hot flushes during menopause (which increase body temperature and then cause sudden chills), then Ashokarishta is given along with Useerasava.
For any irritations or infections that may occur in the vagina during menopause, Gokshuradi Guggulu is prescribed to be taken in doses of two pills twice a day.
Massaging the back with Chandanaadi taila helps to allay insomnia and mood swings which can occur due to vata vitiations during menopause.
(4) Home Remedies for Menopause
1. Licorice must be consumed in fair amounts during menopause. It has the phyto-estrogens that are necessary to correct the hormonal imbalances during menopause.
2. Have beetroot juice daily or include it in salads.
3. Another recipe is to boil a few carrot seeds in a glassful of milk. Consume this milk with carrot seeds in it on a daily basis.
4. During menopause, there is a chance of osteoporosis setting in due to loss of calcium. Hence take adequate care of your calcium intake. The foods mentioned above must be had in the proper amount to maintain calcium levels.
5. Maintain a healthy active regime. Sluggishness and a sedentary life will make the menopausal process quite difficult.