Menopause is a normal phase in every woman’s life. It is caused by the fact that ovulation does not occur anymore and as a consequence, menstruation stops. This of course implies the fact that a bunch of hormonal changes take place. They begin long before the first menopause symptoms are being felt because the body prepares well in advance. Menopause symptoms are not the same in all women, but they can differ greatly from one woman to another depending on various factors and individual characteristics. The age at which menopause occurs also varies from woman to woman.
The first menopause symptoms are usually experienced at around 51 years, but there are women experiencing a much earlier or late menopause. Lower estrogen levels in the body lead to a bunch of symptoms and to changes in the way a woman looks. The skin and the hair condition might not be as good as they used to be. Besides this, there are also other menopause symptoms that a woman in menopause will experience. Some of them are easier to cope with, others are more difficult. Here’s a list with the most common menopause symptoms, but it is not compulsory that all of them are experienced at once or by every women. Some women might not have at all certain symptoms.
1. Hot flashes – Some women feel extremely hot, while others extremely cold at normal temperature levels. Night sweats are also common.
2. Vaginal dryness that can cause pain during lovemaking.
3. Sleep problems.
4. Bladder problems – Frequent infections, urinary incontinence.
5. Irritability, depression, anxiety, loss of sexual appetite, mood swings, etc.
Menopause can be dealt with using natural remedies that usually don’t have any side effects. They provide relief and make the woman’s life easier. However, some herbs might interact with prescribed medication, so it might be best to ask for medical advice. The following are efficient natural remedies against menopause symptoms.
1. Foods with high content of estrogen: cabbage, corn, apples, cucumbers, peas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, soy, sesame seeds, olives and olive oil.
2. Black cohosh – It ameliorates all the menopause symptoms.
3. St John’s Wort – It is recommended for irritability and mood swings.
4. Flaxseed oil – Reduces hot flashes and pain in the chest area.
5. Natural creams and lotions made out of essential oils in order to reduce dryness of the skin or vaginal dryness. For instance, one ounce of almond oil mixed with no more than two drops of geranium oil and with a capsule of vitamin E makes a perfect lotion against vaginal dryness.
6. Adequate diet that will provide plenty of vitamins and minerals.