Everyone knows the teen years can be difficult – for both teens and parents. All physical changes during puberty can make adolescents feel awkward and unsure of themselves.
This is particularly true for girls when it comes to menstruation. For a girl, getting her first period is a physical milestone and a sign of womanhood. But it can also be confusing and scary, especially if you encounter problems such as irregular periods or premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
For more information, visit herbalcureindia.com
An example of the kinds of difficulties some women face is amenorrhea. Amenorrhea is the delayed onset of menstruation in young girls who have not started their periods of 16. In older women amenorrhea occurs when a woman misses her period of three months or more.
There may be one or more reasons for the occurrence of amenorrhea, including pregnancy, hormonal imbalances and diseases of structural problems in the reproductive system.
A few days before menstruation, some women become nervous and irritable. They suffer from depression, headaches, fullness in the chest, insomnia, and swelling in the legs. This may be due to hormonal imbalance.
These problems are left within twenty-four hours after the onset of menstrual flow. As a woman ages, her body undergoes several changes and there are also several changes in the menstrual cycle in 30 to 40. Changes in the menstrual cycle during perimenopause can cause severe pain and other symptoms, even if a woman has not suffered from premenstrual cramps before.
Read more on Menstruation Problems and Irregular Menstruation and Irregular Menstruation Treatment
Coriander seeds are considered highly beneficial in the treatment of excessive menstruation. Boil 6 grams of seeds in a pint of boiling water and half of what remains. This is one of the useful natural remedy for menstruation.
Ginger is also an effective home remedy for menstrual problems. A piece of fresh ginger should be pounded and boiled in a cup of water and should be taken three times daily after meals. This is the best cure period.
Beet juice when taken in doses of 60-90 grams twice a day provides relief from all kinds of menstrual problems.
Home Remedies for Menstrual Problems
1. The best way to treat menstrual problems would be to have parsley juice, in combination with any other juice. You can mix parsley with 75 ml of beet juice, carrot or cucumber for the same amount.
2. Take a cup of water and add a piece of fresh ginger to it. Make sure that a pound of ginger before putting in the water. Boil water for several minutes and then strain. Mix a little sugar to the decoction and consume it after it cools a bit. Repeat this three times a day.
3. Sesame seeds prove beneficial in case of menstrual problems. Take half a teaspoon of sesame seeds powder with a glass of warm water twice a day.
4. Consumption of green papaya is beneficial to ensure a proper menstrual flow. It is also good for girls who have left the period due to stress or tension.
5. Prepare a bath for immersion of a whole pea plant in hot water. This is useful when there is a huge pain during menstruation.
6. The herb marigold is useful for reducing pain during menstruation and also increase the flow. It is advisable to have a spoonful of this, twice a day.